Bible Study Leader
Games (i.e. chess, scrabble etc….)
Tools Lawn Mower
Jobs by the Day/Hour
Champions for Jubilee Transition Home
I attended a seminar last week regarding fundraising. The reason I bring this up in the newsletter is to let you know that we would like to consider you a Champion for Jubilee Transition Homes. You might ask, “What is a Champion?” The definition is not someone who only contributes financially but can give in other ways and is transformed with a heart of passion for our ministry. The way we would like you to be transformed is to consider some of the following suggestions:
1. Be a mentor by getting to know one or several of our men who are struggling as we all are at times. This could be a phone call periodically or a one on one relationship to be a friend or encourager.
2. Helping find a job or referring anyone in the Jubilee house to a job that you might know of or could at least open a door for them.
3. Taking some of the guests to a sporting event or movie top keep their spirits up since their personal life is at a minimum. We don’t let them have TV’s because we encourage reading and looking for a job most of the days they are with us.
4. Going to church with them or having an individual Bible study at our house.
5. Keeping up with them on Facebook to encourage and lift their spirits.
6. Preparing a meal or BBQ and celebrating with them
We would appreciate any feedback and consideration for these or any other ideas you might have. The body of Christ can step up into the action of the homeless and be a part of a life that God has designed for each of our talented and faithful men to enjoy. Please pray to discern what God would have you consider and do. We look forward to hearing from you.
CURRENT Financial Need
After 6 months of having our doors open, we are finding ourselves in a short term bind. We are striving to get our Jubilee men at a job as best we can and have only one houseguest working full time. We were hoping to get each or our men a job within a few months but because of the economy and other factors we are running out of funds to support the Jubilee House. We are asking each of the men to get 2 applications dropped off in person each day to find any kind of a job they can start immediately. We had several churches supporting us for individual men but that funding has stopped. We are asking for a short term donation of support for two months. During this period we expect the remaining men to accept jobs and then start paying their rent on a regular basis. We are praying that you will consider investing in our men by donating $100 per month for 2 months. By that time, with new jobs and God’s grace, we will be able to sustain ourselves on a regular basis. We have applied for a couple of grants and will keep you informed of the results. There have been many miracles within the house and much growth in all while going through this transitional time in all our lives. Please pray for us and give what you can.
God bless you for what you have done and will be contributing in the future.